Poisons may be ingested, inhaled or absorbed through parts of the body. Treatment for different types of poisons varies and there is no general recommendation that can be made other than activating EMS.
If you believe someone has ingested poison:
1 Call 9-1-1 to activate EMS.
2 Do not give the victim anything to drink or eat unless directed to do so by emergency personnel.
3 Do not cause the victim to vomit unless directed to do so by emergency personnel.
Disclaimer: The Emergency Guide is provided as a reference only. Every effort has been taken to acquire and publish accurate information provided by medical authorities. In case of emergency, always call or have someone CALL 9-1-1.